Buddhist Meditation Sangha
Georgetown BuMS offers students a space for meditation practice in any of the many Buddhist traditions. We meet in the Meditation Center for weekly sits every Tuesday at 8pm. Keep an eye out for special events, including guest lectures, off-campus trips to festivals, museums, and Buddhist centers, and film screenings.
We all have different reasons.
- It's about learning that you already have everything right here and now to be happy and to see yourself as an incredible human being.
- It's about training a mind that's trapped in its thoughts to come to terms with itself.
- It's about learning to breathe and take a few moments to simply do nothing, which in a high-pressure environment like ours is something we could all use.
- It's about learning to watch where your mind and its feelings take you - so that maybe you don't always have to go along for the ride, if that ride involves anger or greed or ignorance.
- In a way, it's not about doing; it's about "not doing." We just ask you to sit down and practice with us.
Come join us some time or stop by the Meditation Center to borrow one of our books or magazines.
If you have any questions about Buddhist events and services on campus, please contact the Interfaith Coordinator, Lisa Pannucci, at email@example.com.
For more information about our group or upcoming activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Things to Know
Mondays & Wednesdays
8:00 pm - 9:00 pm
7:30 am - 8:30 am
Monday - Friday
All Meditation and Yoga sessions
are held in McSherry Building.
Date: April 6-7, 2013
Location: Bishop Claggett Center, Buckeystown, MD
Registration is CLOSED for the BuMS overnight retreat. If you'd like to be added to a waitlist, please email interest to email@example.com.
JUST IN - Buy a BuMS Sweatshirt Today!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Join our group on Facebook!