Explore Jewish Life at Georgetown
Georgetown is great place to experience a relevant, vibrant and transformative Judaism within a welcoming, friendly and diverse Jewish community that is hundreds strong.
Together with faculty, staff, and our Rabbi, we empower one another to progress along our personal journeys and to discern our unique roles in delivering a brighter future for the Jewish people and for the world.
OUR PHILOSOPHY: Connection, Confidence, Concern
Jewish Life at Georgetown aspires to advance the life and growth of every self-defined Jewish student through building their sense of Jewish Connection, Confidence, and Concern.
Fostering Jewish Community at Georgetown: Connection
Connection is feeling a sense of belonging in both one’s immediate Jewish community and in the global Jewish community
Georgetown provides many distinct avenues for connecting with Jewish Life on campus and off, including:
- The office for Jewish Life and a full-time on-campus Rabbi
- Numerous distinct Jewish student-led organizations
- Bayit – our residential Jewish Interest Living and Learning Community
- DC Connects – our fund for exploring Jewish DC
- International programs in Israel and abroad, and
- Vibrant Jewish studies coursework through the university’s Program for Jewish Civilization.
Dedicated to getting to know every Jewish student on campus by name and by story, GUish Interns help new and unaffiliated Jewish students connect with Jewish Life at Georgetown and the D.C. area. Through one-on-one conversations, small interest group meetings, cultural events and ongoing relationships, interns become friendly companions for new students’ foray into all things Jewish at Georgetown.
Enhancing Knowledge, Strengthening Identity: Confidence
Confidence is feeling secure in one’s Jewish identity and level of Jewish knowledge
Jewish Life at Georgetown overflows with Jewish educational and experiential opportunities that promote Jewish confidence, like:
Inspiring Jewish Global Citizens: Concern
Concern is a deep and authentic passion for a brighter future for the Jewish people and for the world
In partnership with departments across the university, Jewish Life at Georgetown provides numerous opportunities to develop and act on their Jewish and justice concerns, including:
- Unparalleled opportunities for local volunteering
- Jewish justice immersive experiences
- Interreligious dialogue
- Internships in Jewish and justice organizations across the globe
- Supporting student initiatives (“If you will it, we’ll help you make it happen.”)
- Providing small group Jewish learning (“If you want to study it, we’ll teach it.”)
- Providing one-on-one meetings or on-going pastoral care with our Rabbi (“If you need us, we’re here for you.”)
- Providing significant opportunities for student leadership (“If you do it, we’ll train you in doing it even better.”)
- Providing remarkably dynamic, well-known and high-quality Jewish speakers and events both on campus and in the greater DC area.