Catholic Music Ministry
Whether you sing in public or in the shower, you are welcome in the Catholic Music Ministry.
- Welcome Georgetown students with any - or no - level of formal music training.
- Support a Sunday evening Mass.
- Participate in University liturgies and the annual Lessons and Carols concert.
- Focus on faith, fellowship and musicianship.
There are several ways to become involved in Catholic Music Ministry:
University Chapel Choir:
- Supports the 9:00 pm Sunday Mass.
- Sings a wide variety of traditional and modern choral music, from Palestrina to Mozart to contemporary Catholic composers, accompanied by piano and organ.
- Is led by staff and student directors.
- Rehearses on Thursday evenings, 7:00 - 8:30 pm.
- Supports the 7:00 pm Sunday Mass.
- Sings contemporary Catholic music from many composers and genres, accompanied by piano, guitar, flute and other instruments.
- Is led by student directors.
- Rehearses on Sunday evenings, 5:30 pm.
- Support the 5:00 pm Sunday Mass.
- Assist assembly to participate through song.
- Rehearse immediately before Mass.
- Supports Masses in the Extraordinary Form.
- Sings the traditional Gregorian chants of the Latin Mass.
- Rehearses weekly (Fall 2017 rehearsal times TBD).
Curious? For more information, please email Dr. Russell Weismann, director of music and organist, or introduce yourself to any of the musicians after an evening Mass.
PROTESTANT MUSIC MINISTRY
The Georgetown University Gospel Choir supports the Protestant Sunday Service. Its participants sing a diverse set of music from Gospel and traditional hymns to modern Christian selections. The Gospel Choir also participates in University liturgies and the annual Lessons and Carols concert.
All are welcome in this group! For more information, please contact Phil Carter, Gospel Choir Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.